Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pak Idrus' Hari Raya Open House

I got to know Pak Idrus, whom I normally and fondly calls him Uncle Idrus, at Facebook.  It was Uncle Idrus that introduced me to the blogging world.  He generously shares his findings, thoughts, feelings, etc with us at his very informative Blog. 

On 21st August, I received a personal invitation from Uncle Idrus that an extract of it read:
Our Hari Raya Open house is on the first day of Hari Raya from 12:30PM onward.... You are welcome. Thanks.
Goodness, I was thrill to have been invited....  Honestly, I felt so honoured
..... and on 30th August, there I was with the host and a few of his blogging friends and neighbours; meeting Uncle Idrus and Makcik (Auntie) Asmah for the first time....
Uncle Idrus' home.

Doesn't the verandah/porch look cosy?  It is cosy alright....

The green corner... the smell of Uncle's toil and sweat... hihi...



Choy, Kevin, Ee Lyn, Kim, Lily, Uncle Idrus



Me and Uncle Idrus

The gracious hosting couple treated us to a sumptuous meal......

Makcik Asmah

Lovely and delicious cupcakes for dessert....

More dessert, anyone....?

Daging Masak Hitam.... Yummy Yummy..... Thanks to Makcik Asmah....

A lovely afternoon with good food and good company....  The weather was kind to us too....  Thanks to the hosting family and all.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Side-tracking a little.  Choy and Kevin told us about the poor injured dog that was living on the alms of the good neighbours.  They showed Ee Lyn and myself where the dog was.....

This poor dog probably got into a fight with other dogs and a hole was punctured on its nose.  It was breathing through the hole and the kind people in the neighbourhood had been feeding it.  Both gentlemen requested for Ee Lyn to help notify SPCA about it.







Isn't the hole big?  When I saw the hole, I felt the pain....
Sure hope SPCA had done something to help this poor doggy.....
My BJ has better count its blessing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment