Friday, January 20, 2012

龍馬精神 (May your spirits be like the dragon and horse)

As the Auspicious Water Dragon Year approaching close, with a Chinese New Year poem  (with attribution to the writer of the poem, a good VIOS friend, Mr Dennis Loh Kok Kin), I wish all my relatives and friends:



(Long2 Ma3 Jing1 Shen2)
May your spirits be like the dragon and horse
(written by Dennis Loh Kok Kin)


My heart leaps up when I behold
The new year dragon in the sky.
Never will I be despairing cold,
Though homeward-bound my thoughts they fly
To lantern arrays bedecking the streets,
And familiar faces everywhere meet,
Gongs and crackers erupt in merry furore,
"Xin Nian Hao" and other tunes chime galore.
May your spirit be renewed by this new year coming fast
Here's wishing that your dragon year be an absolute blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment